.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 02, 2004

STRANGE PILGRIMS

The Economic Times came out with its annual Halloween ball recently in the form of the ET Corporate Excellence Awards, aimed at identifying and recognizing the chaste company chieftains for their wisdom and values. I have somehow never subscribed to these wind-swept evenings of gloss and grandeur for quite simple reasons, but I digress..

What caught my eye was a Vision in Blue, who the author ( who may win too many contests in humility) proclaimed was India’s answer to Sharon Stone. Again, I have misgivings about the lady but we move on.

I was quite sure that the lady who the czars of commerce were paying homage to was Lara Dutta who also acted in some movie recently. But the article was quite intractable about the fact that the belle was Priyanka Chopra.

So I guess this is a good time for a confession.

I give up.
Hapless abject unconditional surrender.

I simply cannot distinguish between these ladies to save my life. This has been a niggling ailment for quite awhile now and I have manfully ( sic) battled the symptoms. But now there is no recourse but throw in the towel.

The chronological sequence seemed facile to begin with—With the likes of Juhi Chawla, Sonu Walia, Shikha Swaroop, Suzanne Sabloak, it wasn’t a hard task to separate them. Even when Sush and Ash arrived, I was able to manage quite well. It is after this era that my troubles began. A ever-buzzing swarm of beauty pageants started hitting the studios with alarming regularity and put paid to any ambitions I may have nurtured of keeping pace.

Hence, even though Namrata Shirodkar, Manpreet Brar and Madhu Sapre are recognizable, the faceless ones are Neha Dhupia, Celina Jaitley, Ptiyanka Chopra, Diya Mirza, Gul Panag, Yukta Mookhey. Some others are Dipannita something, Isha Kopikkar, Sameera Reddy, Nethra Raghuraman, Amrita Arora, Amrita Rao, Kim Sharma, Suchitra Pillai and many, many others

I thought there was one daughter of Moon Moon Sen. To my consternation, I now realize that there are three—Riya, Raima and Rosy or something.

As I said, I give up….



















|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?